Since a time apparently in the 1970s, a number of individuals with extremely high security clearances, who were working on various aspects of the UFO phenomenon, began to interact with each other on a regular basis to pool the information each had from their highly- compartmented assignments. The objective was to coordinate data, see the big picture about UFOs and extraterrestrial contacts with Earth, and to use this privileged information pool to gain access to additional secret data, to understand the policies of the elite, hypersecret Majestic-12 (MJ-12) UFO information-control and policy group, and to gain special influence through having this highly- privileged information.
This elite group of perhaps 14 individuals working in National Security assignments eventually gave themselves code-names, using mostly bird names. Collectively, they came to be called The Aviary (bird enclosure). A reader warning is in order: This affiliative network may exist as reported, or the accounts of this grouping may include disinformation generated by The Aviary themselves to obscure their membership.
The relationship of The Aviary to the MJ-12 (ultimate UFO information control and policy) Group is murky. It is the estimate of more than one UFO researcher that there is some overlap in membership; meaning that MJ-12 has quietly infiltrated The Aviary to keep tabs on it and to keep it under control.
It has been reported by Dr. Steven Greer, Director of the Center for the Study of Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence (CSETI), that the MJ-12 Group is now designated as PI-40, [Personal communication, January, 1995]. This hyper-classified group deals with the most sensitive compartmented information regarding extraterrestrials, and is so covert a Special Access Program, that reportedly the President and Congress do not exercise control over PI-40, and only know of its existence through rumor.
Dick D'Amato, National and International Security Specialist for Senator Robert Byrd, and a member of the National Security Council (NSC), in 1991, stated that UFO information should be released, but that an incredibly powerful black arm of the government has been keeping it secret, and spending enormous sums of money illegally in this operation. D'Amato said that the NSC is trying to find out who these people are. [Personal communication with Jesse Marcel, Jr., M.D., Washington, D.C., 1991; as reported in eUFOria, the Black Hills UFO Network Publication, 2:2, May, 1995.]
Ironically, the answer may be right under their noses. It is quite possible that PI-40 exists within a hyper-compartmented Special Access Program, yet with informal informational links to the National Security Council's 5240 [Black Projects] Committee. [Timothy Good, Above Top Secret, 1983; L. Fletcher Prouty, The Secret Team, 1973.]
While there may be some overlap between The Aviary and the PI-40 group, they remain two separate entities. PI-40 is clearly at the top; for PI-40 is the policy and decision group who have orchestrated the UFO Cover-Up since 1947, while simultaneously releasing little fragments of UFO/Star Visitor information, to gradually condition the American public to the slowly-dawning realization of UFO reality.
The Aviary is the group of individuals with histories of working in UFO-related National Security projects who have obtained more complete information (and thus power) by closely coordinating the data, informants, and efforts each is involved with. Now, leaked reports from sources close to some Aviary members suggest that there is a split within the Aviary, (which may well mirror a split within the PI-40 group.)
On one side are those members of The Aviary who feel that the time has come when information about UFO reality and ET contacts should be broadly disclosed to the public. These Good Guys feel that the public is ready for this information, and generally can handle it. Others within the Aviary, on the Dark Side , resist such disclosure. The Dark Side members do not want to lose the power which a UFO/ET-information monoploy has given them. From their behavior, it appears that they do not welcome close public scrutiny of their role in the UFO Cover- Up. Additionally, one or two among them have reportedly engaged in not-properly-authorized, illegal, and sometimes injurious projects and operations. The split over disclosure versus maintaining the Cover-Up is creating a climate where there are increasing leaks, as the Good Guys try to force disclosure, and establish for themselves a track record of belated candor with the American public. It is important not to demonize all the reported members of The Aviary. Most are presumably well-intentioned scientists or (former) military or intelligence officers, with careers spanning the Cold War, and who no doubt sincerely believed that UFO secrecy was vital to maintain. Any crimes committed by those few of the Dark Side will have to be determined in a proper military or civilian court of jurisdiction.
The following is a list of reported members of The Aviary. - BLUEJAY: Dr. Christopher Kit Green, MD, Ph.D., Chief, Biomedical Sciences Department, General Motors; former custodian of the CIA's UFO files at the Weird Desk ; received the National Intelligence Medal for his work on a classified project during the period of 1979- 1983; recently reported to be White House UFO liason. - PELICAN: Ron Pandolfi, CIA Deputy Director for the Division of Science and Technology, and current custodian of UFO files at the Weird Desk ; involved in the White House Initiative, as UFO liaison, to expedite (at Laurence Rockefeller's behest) the release of UFO information to the public; and has been quietly leaking UFO information the past few years.
- OWL: Hal Puthoff, physicist with the Institute for Advanced research in Austin, TX who specializes in Zero-Point Energy, a quantum/resonance physics phenomenon with reported potential for above- unity ( free ) energy; formerly an Stanford Research Institute (SRI) and reported DIA researcher, (along with psi guru and fellow Scientologist Ingo Swann,) into parapsychological, psychotronic, remote-viewing, and mind-control projects, and reportedly involved in classified ET-technology studies.
- RAVEN: (Identity not yet determined.) RAVEN appears to be a kingpin in The Aviary, and a Washington insiders' guessing game has sprung up, as devotees of UFO intelligence data argue for the probable identity of their favorite candidate . [Possible candidates: Henry Kissinger, Ph.D., Edward Teller, Ph.D.; General Brent Scowcroft.]
- PENGUIN: John Alexander, Ph.D. in Death Sciences [Thanatology], Col., ( Ret. ), U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command
- (INSCOM), which is undoubtedly his military cover for the National Security Agency (NSA). Colonel Alexander is director of the Non- Lethal (sic) Weapons Department, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- [LANL], and has been reportedly involved in counter-intelligence remote-viewing, psychic-warfare, psychotronic and mind-control projects with military/security applications, while maintaining the cover of nonlethal military/crowd control physical-countermeasures research. Dr. Alexander is a Board Member, (along with INSCOM General Al Stubblebine and INSCOM Major Ed Dames), of PSI-Tech Corporation, involved in proprietary remote- viewing projects. 2003 Update Note: Colonel John Penguin Alexander was spotted last year by this author at a retired intelligence officers dinner function at Sixth Army Headquarters, The Presidio, San Francisco. Alexander had become bloated, and was accompanied by his life- partner, Victoria Lacas, dressed as always in faux-Goth all-black, (which does nothing to dispel rumors circulating in the ufological community about reported interest in sorcery.) This author has been informed that Alexander is head of the Aviary, and that the Aviary is headquartered at LANL. This author has heard from a source that one or more members of the Aviary are believed to have been a party to MILABS operations, (rogue military-intelligence units kidnapping, interrogation, terrorizing, drugging, and hypnotic mind-control programming of innocent civilians, and implanting of a false post-hypnotic memory that the episode was an alien abduction .) This author has also learned that one or more members of the Aviary are thought to have engaged in seeking to control the souls of Holocaust victims to gain power by manipulating these souls at the time they reincarnate into a new human body. It is thought that Satanic rites (a la Aleister Crowley) may factor into such soul-capture-and-control procedures.
- HAWK: Ernie Kellerstraus, security-cleared for UFO information, worked at Wright-Patterson AFB in the 1970's, and is reported to have lived with a Star Visitor for a while; reported to have worked with Dale Graff (*HARRIER*?) and Captain Bob Collins (CONDOR), Air Force Intelligence, to supply UFO information to USAF/AFOSI disinformation operative/ UFOlogist William Moore.
- (Bird name unknown, [PARTRIDGE?]): Jacques Vallee, Ph.D., formerly an astrophysicist with GEPAN, the French Goverrnment's UFO investigative agency, later moved to U.S. as principal investigator with Defense Department computer network projects; worked with famed astronomer Dr. J. Allen Hynek who left and denounced the military's Project Blue Book as a disinformational smokescreen; prolific author on UFO subject, lately turning to metaphysical explanations for the phenomenon.
- SEAGULL: Bruce Maccabee, Ph.D., research scientist in optical physics and laser weapons applications at the U.S. Naval Surface Weapons Lab, MD; MUFON physics/photo-interpretive consultant, and prolific author and consultant expert on selected leaked or disinformational UFO cases/topics, such as the Gulf Breeze-Ed Walters alleged UFO photos, the Canadian Carp UFO hoaxed incident , and the documented repeat UFO landings at the hyper-secure Manzano Canyon Facility at Kirtland AFB/Sandia National Laboratories-Military Reservation.
- CHICKADEE: Cmdr. C.B. Scott Jones, Ph.D., USN (Ret.), former officer with the Office of Naval Intelligence and other Agencies; with 30 years service in U.S. Intelligence overseas; involved in government research and development projects for the Defense Nuclear Agency (DNA), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) and other organizations; former Senate aide to Sen. Claiborne Pell, who has had a long-standing interest in UFOs and the paranormal, *and has tried to get Congressional Hearings held on UFOs; President, Human Potential Foundation; and point-man for Laurence Rockefeller on UFO matters, currently tasked to contact world leaders concerning upcoming public announcements of UFO/ET reality; recently convened the May, 1995 Washington, D.C. When Cosmic Cultures Meet International Conference .
- CONDOR: Capt. Bob Collins, USAF (Ret.), Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, engaged in UFO-related intelligence operations; reportedly appeared clandestinely on 1988 Kodak-produced network television (dis-)information program UFO Cover-Up Live , where Collins, *reportedly* along with former CIA contract employee and current UFO-conferences disinformation lecturer, John Lear, presented accounts of alien autopsies, UFO retrievals, and the government's awareness about UFOs and ET presence.
- FALCON: Sgt. Richard Dick Doty, USAF (Ret.), Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, reported to have engaged in UFO disinformation projects, including reportedly hoaxing TV producer Linda Moulton Howe concerning availability of a tape showing a UFO landing at Holloman Air Force Base, NM; and of allegedly waging psychological warfare on Albuquerque defense electronics contractor Paul Bennewitz, concerning Bennewitz's electronic monitoring of UFO activity around Kirtland AFB/Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, reportedly causing/exacerbating a mental breakdown in Mr. Bennewitz. Reportedly, FALCON claims to have seen the Roswell Alien Autopsy film (shown worldwide August 28, 1995) some time ago at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- (bird-name unknown [SPARROW(?)]: William Moore, USAF (Ret.), Special Agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations; prolific UFO author ; reportedly publicly admitted at a MUFON Conference to being an Air Force Intelligence operative involved in UFO-related disinformation projects.
AVIARY AFFILIATES AUXILIARY:
Besides the main members of The Aviary, ancillary helpers *reportedly* exist who are more or less witting of the purposes and membership of The Aviary, and choose to participate in a variety of supporting roles.
- (Bird name unknown [HERON?]) Dale Graff, UFO-related technology specialist reported by Dan Smith (cf. infra) to be head of the military UFO Working Group at Los Alamos National Laboratory; rumored to be involved in psychotronic and ESP programs at Los Alamos; formerly was contracts overseer for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base; then was chief of the DIA's Defense Technology/Special Programs department, before reportedly being fired by the DIA. Currently Graff is reported to be in contact with the human designate who communicates with an extraterrestrial residing near Washington, DC in a subterranean facility (Andrews AFB/Naval Reservation?).
- (bird-name unknown [NIGHTINGALE(?)]): Jack Verona, shadowy liaison between Capitol Hill and Los Alamos National
having recently disappeared ; reportedly Dale Graff's supervisor: formerly involved in Project Sleeping Beauty, which researched ways to disable enemy target personnel using directed precise-frequency radiated electromagnetic-energy fields. (According to Dan Smith, NIGHTINGALE is not Jack Verona, but rather may be George Wingfield, a British UFO researcher, who has established a reputation as a careful reporter of crop circle
formations and UFO information. NIGHTINGALE is not British UFOlogist Anthony Dodd, who has revealed the disappearance in 1993 of a U.S. carrier destroyer during NATO sea exercises, during which a number of member countries' ships patrolled to find reported huge carrier-sized Unidentified Submerged Objects (USOs), which raced underwater at astounding speeds. Arguing against Mr. Dodd being NIGHTINGALE is the fact that after Dodd disclosed the U.S. destroyer's disappearance at a Nevada UFO Congress in December, 1994, he was beat up outside the conference hall by two enforcer goons and told to shut his mouth up.)
- (Bird name unknown, [BUZZARD?]): Gordon Novell, reportedly a free-lance enforcer involved in Zero Point Energy programs, and tied to Bob Bigelow, a shadowy Las Vegas casinos operator, who reportedly is investigating alleged ET energy technology and titanium aluminide mettalurgy for their investment potential. Bigelow has created a National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS) to direct a group of UFO technology-insider scientists. He has also reportedly acquired land south of Fort Duschene, Utah to operate a cattle ranch and study alleged cattle mutilations clustered there.
- (Bird name unknown, [WOODPECKER?]: Jaime Shandera, a small-time Hollywood film producer, who reportedly is associated with William Moore. Shandera alleged that he had mysteriously received film containing the MJ-12 documents at his door one day from source(s) unknown. (Moore is considered by some to be the author of the MJ-12 disinformation papers.) Shandera was featured on the 1989 Kodak Television UFO documentary, UFO Cover-Up Live . Shandera is reported to be, along with Scott Jones and Dan Smith, one of the theologically-oriented and pro-UFO-disclosure progressives among the Aviary.
- CHICKEN LITTLE: Dan Smith, civilian UFO researcher/volunteer interlocutor between source(s) within the Central Intelligence Agency, the Congressional Intelligence Committees and the civilian UFO researchers. Smith continually exchanges information with and networks the key UFO researchers, serves as their interlocutor, and shares their and his own findings with his source(s) at CIA and Capitol Hill.
- Undoubtedly, other assets and low-profile intermediaries of The Aviary are operating in the UFO-interest and general public communities, as its surrogate ears and mouthpieces. Whatever the Aviary's role, we the public have a right to full information about extraterrestrial contact and communications. In a democracy, no elite group has the right to bottle up for itself information that affects the lives and futures of us all.